Our PhilosophyThe Organic Tango Philosophy is composed of the following ideas collected over the years:
1. Tango is a social-form and an art-form
2. Tango has historical and cultural roots, however, no individual or group owns the tango
3. Tango has always and will always continue to adapt to its environment and evolve
4. Respect and learn from the past, live in the present, and let the future unfold...
5. Categorical contemporary tango styles are the results of a globalized market
6. We each dance our own style
7. A good tango relationship is an 'interdependent' one not a 'co-dependent' one
8. We are only as good as our partners
9. The middle of the step can not be ignored
10. All dancers go through beginner, intermediate, and advanced stages of navigation skill
11. There are four branches of tango awareness: Self, Partner, Music, Surroundings
12. A dancer has 'found their own style' when they have reached a high level of tango awareness
13. A measure of one's tango success is how well his/her style can adapt socially to other dancers
14. The life-cycle of a tango dancer includes Student, Ego, Apathy, and often times repeats...